Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Legend of Yourself.


Sometimes you get to a point where you feel like you really have nothing important to say.  Words exist like Play-Doh, squeezed into blobs of thoughts and emotions, but nothing concrete.

I can hear my thoughts in my head and then the second thoughts come in to say they've already been thought, so why bother?  Kind of annoying to think your own mind is bored with you.  Or, I am thinking my mind is bored with the fact nothing ever gets solved.  Issues that are percolating in my brain are pretty much the same ones I've had for 10 years.   Love, Friends, Career....all are as Rubik's Cubed as when I left college.  Even more so since I thought things would start to make sense after a certain age.  I was mistaken.

Life seems to be Highschool on repeat, where doubts about yourself and your friends and your choices are still in full force.  You run into the same types of people again and again hoping you can better yourself from the last time you dealt with them when you were younger.  

Or rather, life is some never-ending Legend of Zelda game where you go back in and try another option in order to save Zelda...otherwise known as Yourself.  And although I've used all of the options already once through the whole "game," I go back in and play again, re-using the options differently, with wisdom from the last time around, hoping a new outcome will lead me to me.  Authenticity of heart and mind should never just be left in a riddle of bullshit.   

Play the game again and again.   Find the Legend of Yourself.  No one else is gonna do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment